Which optics do you prefer?

LarryC

Which optics do you prefer?

Post by LarryC » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi Everyone
I'm on the market for a new scope. I see there's a thread from about 7 years ago on the subject that's probably a little outdated.
I've been using Bushnell up till now with front focus and they've changed their product line a bit. Wondering what everyone's preference is now for a scope in the mid price range..let's say under $1000. Something with good clarity and range-finding ability with side focus. Also pro's and cons.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Larry C.

Mac
Site Admin

Re: Which optics do you prefer?

Post by Mac » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Larry. If you are shooting PCP, at the price line you state, I would recommend the Nikko Stirling Diamond Sportsman 10-50X60 SD if you can pick a nice one up used. There are still many FT shooters at the worlds that use this scope with great success.

A buddy of mine has the 8-32 Hawke sidewinder and has good success with it. The big Hawke 10-50 might also be an option.

Once is awhile you can find a Leupold Competition scope in 35X, 40X or 45X come up for sale for around $1000. The do not come up for sale often, but some guys will not use anything else. If you can get one that has been converted to a duplex or mil-dot reticle, that would be even better.

Probably all these scopes would work for a 12 ft/lb springer as well.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Re: Which optics do you prefer?

Post by pirellip » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:16 pm

Mac wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi Larry. If you are shooting PCP, at the price line you state, I would recommend the Nikko Stirling Diamond Sportsman 10-50X60 SD if you can pick a nice one up used. There are still many FT shooters at the worlds that use this scope with great success.

A buddy of mine has the 8-32 Hawke sidewinder and has good success with it. The big Hawke 10-50 might also be an option.

Once is awhile you can find a Leupold Competition scope in 35X, 40X or 45X come up for sale for around $1000. The do not come up for sale often, but some guys will not use anything else. If you can get one that has been converted to a duplex or mil-dot reticle, that would be even better.

Probably all these scopes would work for a 12 ft/lb springer as well.
What Tim said (of course). My recommendation Larry is to buy a quality used one - your $1k will go a LOT farther if you go used. but some like new, and that's fine too.

If you're going used, shoot me an email and we can discuss - I'd be happy to help you out.

Merry Christmas all!
Tom
CAFTA Governor