bjp wrote:WFTF piston for me also (although I have no idea why I'm submitting myself to the damn thing !!!!)
The only reason a FT shooter chooses to shoot Piston is because they enjoy knowing that despite:
- practicing way more than PCP shooters to develop the perfect technique to hold on to a gun that jumps around when fired, without 'holding it';
- spending countless hours and lots of $$ tuning their guns, then tuning them again, then tuning them 18 times more...
at any given time:
- a subtle shift in the gravitational effect of one of Saturn's 62 moons can cause your spring to shift slightly, changing your POI;
- the kale salad you ate the night before may induce bloating, causing more fluid to settle in your left elbow, changing your POI;
- the pellets you so carefully washed, weighed, sized then lubed may pickup a grain of dust, changing your POI;
So, you can put in a lot more effort than our PCP brethren, be a 'better shooter' than them, and still miss a bunch of shots without really knowing why.
You see my friend, you're a glutton for punishment and you're shooting Piston because you enjoy having frustrating experiences! But every once in awhile, when the stars are aligned and you've been able to avoid all those dust particles from getting on your pellets as you load them, you'll shoot really well, and feel on top of the world