Macarri CS1000 stock - Tx200 to Tx200 SR conversion

Mac
Site Admin

Macarri CS1000 stock - Tx200 to Tx200 SR conversion

Post by Mac » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm

This started quite some time ago, but with lots of time on my hands, I hope to finish it up in the next few weeks.

The cracked section of the stock behind the hole for the front, large fastening screw that goes in the front of the trigger guard was cut out and the hole shaped to accept the trigger on the SR. That was relatively easy. The next part was tougher, since all I had was a dremel to cut the channel for the aluminum rail that is fastened to the stock and the action slides on. Tedious, but I did it the best I could. The rail did not fit really well in the channel, which resulted in the gun binding when fastened into the stock. At this point is when a lot of time went by while I modified a left hand SR stock to look more like a field target stock.

When I got back to it a week or so ago, I used Marine Tech to bed the rail into the stock. I used a piece of rail that Air Arm was kind enough to give me when I was in England for the worlds. This was very helpful, since I did not have to take my gun apart to use the rail from it. Thanks to Claire and AA for their generosity. As I sit here, my stock has been bedded, but the excess putty has not been removed yet. Once I do that, again with a Dremel, I will be trying the action in the stock to see if all aligns well and the action slides as it should.
IMG_6209 copy.jpg
IMG_6209 copy.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 7591 times
My next post will be after I have cleaned things up and fitted the action to the stock.

Keep safe everyone.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Re: Macarri CS1000 stock - Tx200 to Tx200 SR conversion

Post by Mac » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Took a while to carve out since the rail from AA differed a little from the one on the rifle. Dremelled out to fit and may put a very thin coat on to smooth out the dremel marks. The action fits in and slides easily, so the big job is done. Did a little shooting just to see if everything worked well and gun was shooting perfectly.

Here are the two SR actions. The top one is the Mk2 left hand action and the bottom one in the stock I modified is the Mk1 right hand action. The riser can just switch between the two with two screws.
IMG_6242.jpg
IMG_6242.jpg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 6900 times
Next step is taking a saw to the butt to carve out the cheek piece that will be adjustable. This is always a little nerve-wracking, but so far the ones I have done worked out well. Fingers crossed.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Post by pirellip » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Looks great Tim thanks for the update. I see you added the Hans cocking lever to the Mark 1 - was that from one of your other guns?
Tom
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Thanks Tom. I did take the lever from the recoiling Mk2 that I think was originally Hanns' gun. Makes lock up real easy and you are certain it will not come open. It was a great innovation that Hanns came up with; one of many actually.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:27 am

Well, I took the saw to it and it did not turn out too badly. Just a little over sawing on left side; live and learn. Know exactly what to do next time. The inletting of the stock worked out well and the recoilless movement works perfectly with no catch points.

The adjustable cheek riser, knee riser and butt hook make a huge difference in the fit of the gun. Now I have two rigs that feel exactly the same when I shoot them. So no worries in a competition if one rig fails, since I can just switch guns, switch the knee riser over and keep shooting. They even shoot the same pellet best, which is another plus.

If you right click and open the images in a new tad, you can see more detail.

I might have done away with most of my excuses for competitions, but I am sure I could come up with one in a pinch. :D
Lt Side.jpg
Lt Side.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1037 times
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:28 am

Rt Side.jpg
Rt Side.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1036 times
Tim
CAFTA Governor