April 7th starts new season at Grenville

Grenville Fish & Game Field Target Club
Mac
Site Admin

April 7th starts new season at Grenville

Post by Mac » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Hard to believe we are less than a month away from the first match of our season. The trouble is that most of the targets at the moment are no doubt buried in ice and snow and for sure the strings are frozen in. Hoping for some nice warm weather between now and the match date. I did buy a large role of 100 lb fishing line, so we may have to restring some targets if we cannot use the strings attached. Between the tree targets and those elevated on stumps, we should be ok for targets. I plan a weekday or weekend visit to the club late this month to be sure we have 30 targets ready to go for the 7th.

Once into the season, we have plans for a good number of elevated tree targets, thanks to John Birch, who makes really nice tree mounts. A little more variety and challenge is always good.

Medals for this upcoming season are ordered and before we know it, we will be outside shooting again.

Looking forward to seeing many of you, so mark you r calendars for the 7th.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

FRANK

Re: April 7th starts new season at Grenville

Post by FRANK » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm

I have made plans with john R. to do the FT season we will ride there the night before and sleep in are tents or car depending on conditions.

April 7th is my son's Bday and we had no plans but my wife can change this fast but up to now I'm coming with John R.
QB79 PCP/HPA 10-50X60 Scope My 2018 FT Open

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Just a heads up to Frank and anyone else that intends to camp. The only match that has camping is the Provincials in June this year. I show up there on Friday morning. All regular matches, I show up at 8:00 AM on the Sunday morning.

So the Airgun range is not open on the Saturday nights before monthly matches. There may be areas in Prescott where people could camp, but not at the range. If I ever camp over on a Saturday night before a monthly match, I will let everyone know.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Probably heading down to Grenville next weekend to be sure the targets are ready to go for the 7th. Thank goodness we have some warm weather coming so the snow in the bush will melt faster. Still lots of snow on path and in the bush. Strings may be frozen in, but we have lots of strings, so will be ready by the 7th.

I hope the long range forecast for the 7th stays as nice as it is. Really looking forward to this season opening match.
Tim
CAFTA Governor