TX200SR Mk1

pirellip

Re: TX200SR Mk1

Post by pirellip » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm

Yes, worth looking into it beforehand, I'm not sure how the rules go there, I think the past few years they've started taking pictures of the equipment as a record. But a good idea nonetheless.
Tom
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 am

I am going to check the rules and maybe ask Sergio, since the rules are unclear. If it is illegal to switch actions, then I will not take it with me. Having an extra preset spring, seal, some tools and lube should do me fine.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 pm

Took the gun as shown in the latest pictures to the Crosman match and had a good weekend. Ended up in a shoot-out for second and won the shoot-off. The gun performed flawlessly.

Scored a 44 on the open, windy field on Saturday and a 47 in the woods on a very long course on Sunday. Only hit half of the standing and kneelers on Saturday and that did me in with respect to winning the match. The wind was obvious on Saturday, but very subtle and tricky on Sunday. On Sunday there were intermittent light winds coming down the stream bed and from the field at the back of the course. They were unpredictable and most often impossible to detect. If one came during your shot, you could be lucky and still keep it inside, but often it blew it to the edge and to make it worse, not always the same edge.

A great weekend and a match I always have on my calendar.
IMG_4540.jpg
IMG_4540.jpg (4.13 MiB) Viewed 255 times
Tim
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Post by pirellip » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

You've obviously worked/prepared very hard to shoot as well as you did at a major match Tim - all the top US Piston shooters were there, and I *know* they have been training hard for the Worlds.

I wish I could have been there to watch you face off against Ray in that shoot off; two very accomplished and well respected Gentlemen going head-to-head is always an exciting watch.

GOOD JOB Tim - I'm over the moon to learn that your rig is performing so well too, and am really looking forward to the upcoming rivalry at the CDN Nats.
Tom
CAFTA Governor