falcon t50; safe to mount on a springer?

Hunkaluv

falcon t50; safe to mount on a springer?

Post by Hunkaluv » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 am

Hi all,
I've got a Falcon T50 on some good quality Sportsmatch mounts which i'd like to mount onto my hw97. Has anyone ever run into problems with mounting a t50 onto a spring piston rifle? The answer I got from Falcon was this:

"Over the years we have found that the biggest factor in terms of recoil is the quality of the rings and the care taken with installing the scope. Good quality rings, built to tight tolerance, with screws that are correctly torqued to the manufacturer's stated levels and you should have no issue with any of our models.
We don't issue a blanket 'springer proof' statement or suitable up to XXft/lbs energy for that very reason. It doesn't really mean anything without knowing that the scope is mounted correctly."

Just looking to hear some opinions from people who have actually mounted a t50 on a springer.
Thanks,
Ryan

Mac
Site Admin

Re: falcon t50; safe to mount on a springer?

Post by Mac » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 am

I know Jeff had one or two different t50s on his TX200. I am not aware of any issues with holding zero or the scope being sent back. He has gone to a higher end scope for the lighted reticle and superior glass, but I believe the t50 served him well while mounted.

Maybe he will chime in and confirm or correct anything I have stated.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Hunkaluv

Re: falcon t50; safe to mount on a springer?

Post by Hunkaluv » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback Tim.
Ryan