New Wheel & Elevation

Mac
Site Admin

New Wheel & Elevation

Post by Mac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Finally got around to putting the new side-wheel and elevation knob on the Falcon. Joel made these up for me and they really look and feel good. I do not have the ranges marked yet on the side-wheel, but that will give me an excuse to get out for an afternoon to do that and of course work in some shooting as well.

The knurled edges are just what I wanted for a fingernail fine tune on the side-wheel and a positive hold on the elevation. Notice the no shine finish that Joel achieved by sandblasting. It is a very consistent finish and I will not be blinded by the reflection of light in bright sun. Will probably modify a scope ring to hold the pointers for the elevation and for the range. Have not decided if I am going to put the ranges on the elevation knob or just leave it at clicks on a range chart. Probably will give the range numbers a try as long as it does not get too crowded and busy looking.

Tim
CAFTA Governor

bjp

Re: New Wheel & Elevation

Post by bjp » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:36 pm

They look good Tim. I wanted that elevation knob for mine but you beat me to it ! I picked up the other one he had and am quite happy with it, Joel does nice work. If I ever get my sightron (I'm into week 7 of a 4/5 week wait !!) I'm going to have him make the twin to yours for mine.

jgoodz

Re: New Wheel & Elevation

Post by jgoodz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:46 pm

I am glad you are happy with the setup Tim , it looks pretty sharp on that silver T50 as well 8-)

I am going to try and make up some pointers, just getting into designing and machining sequences. What exactly do people want? I was planning on using a very thin drill bit as the pointer, but I am guessing different eyes will want different sizes? Not to derail the thread sorry.