Sightron Siii LRIRMH

Melonhead

Sightron Siii LRIRMH

Post by Melonhead » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi

Anybody know of any dealer within reasonal distance from Ottawa that would have this scope in stock? I would like to be able to hold it in my hands before handing my money to see if it's worth the extra $$$ over my T50.

bjp

Re: Sightron Siii LRIRMH

Post by bjp » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Good luck finding one in Ottawa!!! I want the same scope, I looked at it at the SHOT show and thought it was worth every penny. I'm thinking of ordering one this winter from Mystic Precision to compare it to the Falcon.

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:17 pm

You could not buy one at the Shot Show? Could have saved hundreds.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

bjp

Post by bjp » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 pm

not for sale at the SHOT show and you really don't want to get caught exporting without a permit.

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Exporting?
Tim
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Post by pirellip » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Jeff just bought one from http://www.4scopes.com

He ordered it on Monday and it arrived on Thursday!! He was charged HST upon delivery.

No idea how this happened, as I know there's supposed to require an export permit.

As for buying one in the US and driving it back, I'd be VERY comfortable with doing this without an export permit. From personal experience Canadian customs doesn't care what US paperwork you have, just that you follow our rules.

Once Centurion (Nikko Stirling) actually asked me to have a scope shipped to Buffalo and pick it up myself so they wouldn't have to bother with the permits.
Tom
CAFTA Governor

bjp

Post by bjp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 pm

You're right, Canadian customs won't care a bit as long as you pay duty (CBSA does not enforce US laws). If you get caught on the US side without an export permit you can expect a very uncomfortable experience and no further visits to the US (we have a place in Florida so I won't take that chance). About 3 weeks ago there was a Canadian who thought that it was OK to bring back unregulated parts from the USA, he was subjected to an exit search and is now in a world of hurt!! The US rules since 9/11 are somewhat anal to say the least. It IS legal to export goods from the US, you just have to follow ALL of their rules.

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:48 pm

The Sightron is a truly wonderful scope.

A friend from Wales reccomended that I should buy a Nikko. I told him he is mad.
He said one thing that changed my mind. He said, don't buy a Big Nikko in North America, get one from the UK. He said the local scopes in the UK are much better than the ones that leave the country.

I e-mailed a few places and asked if they are prepared to ship to Canada. I found one from http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/

The transaction went very well. The total came to 752 Pounds, Wich comes to $1350 Canadian. shipping and taxes included.

I have to say one thing, the service and communication is fantastic from Nick Wake

One more thing. The scope is fantastic. If you were like me and have a T50 or any other scope that is ok, but not great, go buy yourself a Big Nikko from Nick

Tell him Biagio sent you.

He will help you to get a great scope, No, A FANTASTIC SCOPE!!!!!!!

That is all I have to say.

Biagio Cozza

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:57 pm

For the same money, you could have had a Sightron from the US like Jeff purchased.

If there was a Sightron and a big Nikko in front of me and I had to choose one, I would grab the Sightron with no hesitation.

Still may sell a few of my Elite scopes and pick up a Sightron.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi Tim

I'm not yet sold on the Sightron scopes. I do have to say, I don't like my Nikko . . . I love it very dearly. See the Nikkos have been around the block for more than a few years. These scopes are made for FT.

I just have to say I love it.

Biagio