My new FT rig for Canada

Globalstar66

My new FT rig for Canada

Post by Globalstar66 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 pm

So after moving to Canada 18 months ago, and selling all my other rifles and scopes, I finally have an FT kit again.

This is my rifle - March 8-80x56 scope, electronic micro level, Anschutz butt hook, Jon Harris sidewheel/pointer/picatinny rail/windicator and UK Neil cocking lever/quick mag adjust lever. Laminate wood made by a friend of mine (James Mitchell) in South Africa and carbon fiber hamster by another SA friend (Alan Keyser). I removed the TEC-HRO trigger blade last night to put on my Anschutz 2013 .22LR rifle.

Now I need to get some practice in before Worlds in August... :)

Globalstar66

Re: My new FT rig for Canada

Post by Globalstar66 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:58 pm

These were some of my air rifles I had to get rid of before moving to Canada.... Was a sad day to sell them... :)

Steyr LG110 Hunter in 5.5mm

Anschutz 8002 S2 converted to 12 Ft Lbs by Jon Harris (with a real crappy S&B 12,5-50x56 FT scope)...

My Walther LG300 Alutec Dominator with a second crappy S&B 12.5-50x56 scope...

My Steyr LG110FT Connect (early 2011 model) with March 8-80x56 scope

And finally, my 2010 model Steyr LG110FT with a THIRD crappy S&B 12.5-50x56 FT scope...

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 am

Congratulations on that sweet rig and thanks for sharing your experiences and great pics of those sweet shooters...

Your pics are filling my head with ideas and I'm not sure where it's going to lead.. :D
Just purchased an LG110 and literally have but a few hours experience behind the trigger with it.. I was lucky enough to have been introduced to FT here in Southern Ontario a few years back. There's a great core of airgun enthusiasts that are generous with their time and efforts to making shooting FT possible .. More people should come out to these matches and give FT a try. The sport is a wonderful extension to the airgun experience... 8-)

Good Luck at the Worlds!

Dean
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks for a great post, Robbie. There certainly are some great rigs there. Must have been painful to leave them behind.

It is a little telling to see the rig you now have, the choice of which was based on experience, no doubt, that few of us have had. Probably any of those FT rigs could bring home the prize in the hands of the right shooter. Finding the right shooter for your own style is probably the key.

I look forward to meeting you this season, whether it be in your area or down here at the Nationals. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to share your knowledge and experience; it can only help the sport we both love.
Tim
CAFTA Governor