Anschutz FT Rig on the Works

R002

Anschutz FT Rig on the Works

Post by R002 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Slowly but surely my Anschutz 2002 CA is slowly shaping up for FT.

First up....installed a scope bridge rail to address issues on POI shift common with German made 10 meter rifles that are scoped.

Replaced cylinder (with manometer) with a quick fill cylinder.

Next steps: Replace long cocking lever with a short cocking lever (currently being fabricated) to clear scope during loading. Install a reliable FT scope (hopefully a Big Nikko 10 x50x60 MK1 currently under negotiation).

Any suggestions on how I could best complete this set-up is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Mac
Site Admin

Re: Anschutz FT Rig on the Works

Post by Mac » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi R002

That certainly is a nice rig. I have a Steyr LG100 that is currently being modified to shoot at 12 ft/lb. The regulator has to be set at higher pressure to achieve this. I would assume the same for your Anschutz.

The rail is a nice addition as well. I will be ordering one shortly for my Steyr. The 10M configuration usually is very compatible to FT use. The guns hold and balance so well.

What area are you located in? The outdoor FT season certainly is winding down here in Ontario; we have two matches left. We have the benefit of an indoor venue that is good for rifle and pistol FT and matches should start in December.

Thanks for participating on the forum and I hope you will keep us up-to-date on the progress of your Anschutz.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

R002

Post by R002 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Mac.

I would be interested in learning more about power modification for this rifle. Can you refer me to someone who does the power modification?

I'm relatively new to airguns and would really like to learn more about FT in particular.
I'm from Brampton, Ontario.

I do have an older Steyr Match 88 rifle in CO2 which I really enjoy shooting. Is CO2 allowed in FT?

I'm really looking forward to joining you guys shoot FT sometime in the near future.

More POWER to FTCentral.

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 pm

CO2 is allowed, but seldom generates enough energy to be really effective knocking down targets from 35 to 55 yards. Just for fun, I used my Steyr when it was shooting at just over 5 ft/lb and although I hit the kill zone on more than a few longer targets, there was simply not enough energy to knock the target down. Also, CO2 does not perform well when the temperatures drop like in the September - November matches.

Not sure if the fellow doing mine is willing to do work for others, but I will ask him and get back to you. A regulator pressure gauge is almost a necessity when resetting the match guns for higher power and there are very few people who have those. I think the Anschutz with a tweaked regulator would be a much better option than a CO2 gun.

Brampton is not too far from the Burlington Club where we shoot our winter matches. Maybe you will be able to come out once we get started on the 2012/13 winter matches.

Not sure if you are on my mailing list to get FT info, but if not, drop me an email and I'll put you in the Canadian Shooters Group. I always send BCC, so not one else get your email address.

[email protected]
Tim
CAFTA Governor

R002

Post by R002 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I finally got the scope for this rig and some accessories for it (thanks Jon ;) )

Now need to get advice from an authority to get it tuned properly. Looking forward to meeting with MAN.

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:14 am

Hi
Great gun
I also have an Anschutz 2002. Mine looks a little different. Not quite all wood, but also green.
I have never thought of using it for FT
I guess you need a new regulator, palm rest of some sort, and a shorter cocking lever. Did you make your shorter yet, maybe use another material, like a very thin piece of pvc.