I am wondering what the difference is between the TX200 and the TX200 MKIII
Is the MKIII worth the extra 200.00
Thanks
Brian

Mac
Site Admin

Re: TX200

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 am

Not sure where you are seeing this price difference, but the MkIII is the current version of the TX200. I would think that all TX200s being sold new are the MkIII version. I have a MkII, the previous version and there is also a MKI that came out long ago and you do not see them often in Canada and the US. They are more common in England. There is also the SR version, which is semi-recoiless and they come at a fairly high price, if you ever see one for sale.

So if someone is asking $200 more because of the MKIII on the gun, I would say beware. To many, the older MKIs and MkIIs are more valuable. George Harde has been shooting his MkII for years and doing very well with it.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

rocker45

Post by rocker45 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks for the reply Mac
These are what I am looking at
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdo ... _2064.html
and
http://www.trail-marker.com/store/index ... X7HRW&c=77
Wondering what the differance is
I am after a Air Arms springer
Thanks
Brian

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:08 pm

I had a hunter carbine and really liked it for offhand shooting. When sitting in the FT position, I found it very hold sensitive. Very few are used in big matches like the World FT Championships. The regular MkIII holds easier and is much easier to shoot accurately in my opinion. Pretty sure the carbine and regular size guns are both MkIII versions, the carbine just has a shorter barrel.

Not sure why SSS does not carry the longer barrel version of the MkIII. Would be interesting to see if they can get one and what price they would set for it. The walnut stock is nice, but I would settle for a beech stock since it is the same shape. Later, if you want to use it seriously for FT, you may upgrade to a FT stock. I wonder if A.S. would sell the .177 with a beech stock. My MkII has a beech stock and I like it fine. The TX does seem to be a little front heavy and the beech stock, being heavier than the walnut stock, helps in my opinion.

Maybe talking to these dealers on the phone would help answer some of your questions.

Tim
Tim
CAFTA Governor

rocker45

Post by rocker45 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks for all the help Tim
I am going to call Rhonda and Travis and see what I can do
Brian

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 am

Hi Guys
I bought my gun from Mike and Rhonda.I don't know if the shorter barrel is worse or what. All I can tell is the one I have, is one amazing air rifle. I'll buy one in a snap. I don't think there is a better springer in the world. I have a few buddies, that all shoot HW. All of them took one shot with my gun, they said they made a mistake buying HW, in stead of a TX.

I don't like my TX 200, I love my TX200 :D

Biagio

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Congrats on getting a great gun.

I do not believe the accuracy potential is any different between the carbine and longer barrel version of the TX. If you develop a very consistent hold, you will get the accuracy. For offhand and kneeling shots, I found the carbine deadly accurate and easy to shoot. We had a fellow at the Waterloo club who shot a carbine for years and did his share of winning.

Enjoy your TX.
Tim
CAFTA Governor