Macarri Stock for TX200 MkII

jgoodz

Re: Macarri Stock for TX200 MkII

Post by jgoodz » Sat May 06, 2017 6:32 am

We will see how it goes, my Sightron is all jacked up; the reticule has spun 45* inside of the tube, so I have to send it back to Sightron this Monday. They are covering it under warranty and will also be changing the parallax over to 10-300yds vs the 9-55yds I currently have. I will still be using the scope on Sunday though, as I have no time (and/or desire) to completely redo one of my Bushy 4200's that is currently setup in an adjustable mount for another gun.

So there; I've got the best excuse and proof!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Sat May 06, 2017 10:21 am

My competition is basically with myself. I am trying to teach myself to have that consistent hold and trigger release. It is not second nature to me at all. If I forget and shoot like I am shooting a pcp, the gun reminds me promptly that I have messed up. At least I am learning what to do and just have to work on it until it becomes natural.

I will be happy with the outcome if I know why each shot hit or missed the zone.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Wed May 10, 2017 5:44 am

I was dissappointed with my scope as it just made no sense; one target at 43yds, held on center and it went down both shots, next target at 51yd, held on center and hit almost 2" low :| Two lanes later; target at 48yds, I hold on center and it goes down both times :x

I just got to the point where I realized trying to make sense of a broken scope is pretty pointless

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Wed May 10, 2017 9:31 pm

I was pleased with my gun since the targets fell when I did my part. In the future, I just hope to do my part more often.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:49 pm

I have another couple of sessions left to get the Sightron set up well enough for the match on June 25th at Grenville. This will be a good test for the rig and the shooter; I have seen the small hit zones at Grenville and look forward to the challenge. The CAFTA Nationals is approaching fast.

The rig is definitely heavier with the Sightron and I have had almost no opportunity to shoot other than sighting in. I need to do some standing shots, just to try to get back in the grove I had going in early spring.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 pm

I agree regarding the weight; going from a Bushnell 4200 to a Sightron is a night and day difference...

Things with my repaired scope seem to be working fine, just trying to settle on a pellet now

pirellip

Post by pirellip » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm a big fan of the Leupold Competition 45x - the weight of the Bushnell, but the range finding ability of the Sightron (if not better ;))

I removed 1 of the 5 washers and may take out another one or 2.
Tom
CAFTA Governor