2017 Provincial Match August 20th.

Grenville Fish & Game Field Target Club
Mac
Site Admin

2017 Provincial Match August 20th.

Post by Mac » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:09 pm

The Grenville Club will be hosting the The Ontario Provincial FT Championship on Sunday, August 20th. It will be a 72 shot match on 18 lanes with two targets per lane. Gates will open at 8:00 AM and sight-in will start as soon as we get it set up. The shooter's meeting will be at 10:45 AM and the match will start at 11:00 AM. After nine lanes, there will be a compulsory short break for about 15 minutes. If you want to eat during the break, be sure to bring something with you. The remaining nine lanes will be shot after the break.

Timers will be used on all lanes. We will have one minute per shot and one minute preparation time, so five minutes per shooter per lane. There will be two shooters per squad, unless there is an odd number and we will have to get creative. Targets will be shot in numerical sequence, since they are clearly numbered 1 to 36, and a shot out of order will be considered a miss on the target you should be shooting. A deal with your squad member to remind each other of target order will avoid this problem.

Scores will be tallied and any shoot-offs held after the completion of the course. Awards will be presented at that time.

It looks like the match fee will be $35 and will include the match, pizza meal after the match and medals for those that place. I will have a case or two of water as well.

Directions to the Grenville Club can be found on their website:

http://www.grenvillefishandgame.com/Location.html

Use the North gate on the west side of the road, opposite the clubhouse.

Please respond here or send me an email (preferred) if you are going to attend. Be sure to include your division and class.

We are including a gunslinger fun shoot as well. Ryan ran one last year and it seemed popular.

Two sets of identical targets are set up side by side on the sight-in range. They would be set at 10, 20, 30, 40 and perhaps 50 yards. There are two classes, PCP and Piston. Two shooters sit down and the one that knocks all four or five of their targets down first, advances and the other is eliminated. This continues until the final two and they shoot off for the crown. Not sure what the crown will be, but there will be something for the two winners. Single shot rifles only, which could be a multi-shot gun with a single shot adaptor.

Last year it ran just before the match started, which seems be the best time to do it. We will start the gunslinger at about 10:00 AM and have the shooter's meeting and match as soon as it is completed. This will leave a good amount of time for sight-in and still get us started at a decent time.

It should be a great day of shooting.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Hunkaluv

Re: 2017 Provincial Match August 20th.

Post by Hunkaluv » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm

I'll be there Tim, Hunter PCP.
Ryan

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 pm

8 WFTF PCP
1 Open PCP
2 Hunter PCP
2 Hunter Piston
4 WFTF Piston

17 shooters confirmed.

Will update this as I receive confirmations.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

just missed

Post by just missed » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Tim, Looking forward to the event put me down for WFTF PCP.

John

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 am

Looking forward to getting out of the city and enjoying a day of shooting FT's with other airgun enthusiasts .. 8-)
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Was at the club today to cut obstructions and replace some of the Gamo reducers with the ones Joel makes. The course looks really good and all we have to do is put up the tree target to complete the 36 target course.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks Tim.. I'm so looking forward to the match... :D
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:02 pm

About a half dozen of us (John Br, John Bi, Ryan, Denis, Dave and I) will be heading to the club this Sunday, the 13th to do the final prep. Will be positioning targets, changing reducers, clearing as needed and mounting some tree targets for a little variety and maybe a couple more long shots :twisted: We will also get the targets ready for the gunslinger side shoot.

Final arrangements for food will also be made. I want to order the medals by next weekend as well, so make sure you let me know if you will be attending.

Of course, once the work is done, we will do some shooting of targets and the breeze. :D
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Had a great day at the club and accomplished things in short order. A big thank you to the guys. With six guys working, the jobs were done quickly and the course is ready for next week. Next Sunday, a little paint touch up on the reduces and around hit zones and some tape on the backs of the hit zones and all will be good.

Had a fun time shooting of course and even had time to arrange for some pizza for next Sunday when the shooting is done. Half a pizza each, so work up that appetite.

Going to be a fun day.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm planning to be there for the competition, Mac. WFTF PCP.

And it looks 99% sure that Vitaly will also attend, but unfortunately I had to promise to let him beat me. :) :lol: :lol: :lol:
AA S400 MPR FT - Sightron 10-50x60 SIII FTMIRMOA
CZ200S "Green" - Airmax 30SF 6-24x50
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter Carbine (.22) - Airmax 30SF 4-16x50
Steyr EVO-10 (Pistol)
FWB 800 Evolution Top