HAHA has PROMISE!

Hamilton Angling and Hunting Association
pirellip

HAHA has PROMISE!

Post by pirellip » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Chris was kind enough to invite me to join him and Mike for some shooting at HAHA after we met at the Jerseyville Gun Show, and I must say, I really like the layout and 'vibe' of the club.

HAHA has a nice place to eat, and lots of room on their 12 port covered rifle range - we're allowed to sit on the ground beside the shooting benches too!

But most impressive of all was the attitude of the range directors I met while chatting - they were 'yes men' who were honestly interested in adding FT the club - we discussed a few options, and with a bit of work, we may be able to use the shotgun/trap firing line on Saturdays for FT matches. This is an open area that is relatively flat, so it would be a great place to hone your wind reading skills!

Overall, I really like the club, and am seriously considering becoming a member at HAHA - I can shoot trap, reach out to 100 yards with my powder burners, practice my IPSC AND there's a fishing pond for the kids too!
Tom
CAFTA Governor

FTguy
Site Admin

Re: HAHA has PROMISE!

Post by FTguy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Glad to hear it Tom...
Look forward to the day that I can make it out there and join the crew...

Cheers!
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

topher1266

Re: HAHA has PROMISE!

Post by topher1266 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:16 am

I am glad you had a good time. The kitchen is only open certain days and Saturday isn't one of them, though if we were to have a FT Match I might be able to get them to open up for us if there was enough people. We can get permission to use the BBQ's for events too. It is a work in progress, and will take time and effort to get better setup, It's a good thing I make the site-in targets and am working on other knockdown ones. I want to have another day on the 11th of July, that will give shooters a day to get ready for the Nationals. Anyone wishing to come out and do some shooting just ask I am usually able to get away for some trigger time.