Ontario FT serie?

Schedules, Results and Pictures
Melonhead

Ontario FT serie?

Post by Melonhead » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Who would be interested in an Ontario FT serie? We could have a 4 or 5 shoot serie. We could have 2 in PC (National and 1 other shoot) and 2 in Ottawa (Ontario championship and another). Maybe add another indoor shoot in the winter.

We could have a springer (open and wftf) and pcp (open and wftf) division. You earn points by participating in a shoot and by the position you finish. You can earn bonus points by the number of targets that you knock down (between a and b you get c bonus points, between d and e you get f bonus, etc).

Any takers?

jgoodz

Re: Ontario FT serie?

Post by jgoodz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:21 am

I don't really understand what it is you are proposing? maybe Im just slow this morning...There is already a full season of FT events setup in both those locations

A bonus point system seems to only benefit those whop are already doing well, so it would just make the rich richer so to speak, maybe I am misunderstanding

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:45 am

Perhaps the intent is to get more participation between the two active Ontario outdoor clubs and make a fun competition out of it at the same time.

I am not sure about four or five matches, but using the results of the National Match in Port and the Ontario Championship in Ottawa could be an Ontario version of the Grand Prix in the US, but on a smaller scale. In the US, only a handful of people are able to attend enough events to be eligible for the top spots. All match scores are calculated to correspond to a match out of 100, essentially making it a percent success rate. Just a fun thing between the two clubs.

If shooters from the west made it to both matches, I am sure they would be included as well.

Am I thinking correctly on this?
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Melonhead

Post by Melonhead » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 pm

This is meant to encourage more guys to come out and possibly attract the Montreal crowd to come out.