Custom Aluminium Stock for S400

jgoodz

Custom Aluminium Stock for S400

Post by jgoodz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Here are few pictures of the first test fitting. This is the main body, still needs machining on the end to join the rear body and holes for the kneeriser, but it is basically finished being machined

Should be fun...

Leonardj

Re: Custom Aluminium Stock for S400

Post by Leonardj » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Looks like the stock is machined from a solid billet?
Are the series of holes that are already there the total extent of the weight reduction of that billet, or do you plan to relieve some material from below the inletting?
Any idea of the weight of the stock thus far?

I have seen quite a few aluminum stocks for various guns in which either aluminum channel or rectangle extrusions were used as the main body of the stock, which aided in keeping the weight to a minimum.
I even have a few pics of FWB 300S rifles with aluminum stocks. :o

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:53 am

Leonardj wrote:Looks like the stock is machined from a solid billet?
Are the series of holes that are already there the total extent of the weight reduction of that billet, or do you plan to relieve some material from below the inletting?
Any idea of the weight of the stock thus far?

I have seen quite a few aluminum stocks for various guns in which either aluminum channel or rectangle extrusions were used as the main body of the stock, which aided in keeping the weight to a minimum.
I even have a few pics of FWB 300S rifles with aluminum stocks. :o
Yes it was a solid billet, and I may add some more holes to remove weight as it still weighs just over 3.5lbs as it is. This stock is for me to shoot a S400 in HFT occasionally (for now) so the extra weight may stay until I get some testing done, I am thinking it may offset the slight "push" from firing the JSB 10.3's at over 18FPE :lol:

The rest of the stock should add another 2-3lbs, not sure I want a 6lb stock though :shock: :lol:

Leonardj

Post by Leonardj » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 pm

jgoodz wrote:....... I am thinking it may offset the slight "push" from firing the JSB 10.3's at over 18FPE :lol:
"Slight push"?? At 18 FPE??
Yer kidding, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really need to put on a few pounds...... :P :lol:

Looking forward to your progress reports as you continue with the project. ;)

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 am

Leonardj wrote:
jgoodz wrote:....... I am thinking it may offset the slight "push" from firing the JSB 10.3's at over 18FPE :lol:
"Slight push"?? At 18 FPE??
Yer kidding, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really need to put on a few pounds...... :P :lol:

Looking forward to your progress reports as you continue with the project. ;)
If I put on more weight I wont be able to do one handed chin ups anymore hahaha

I just like he feeling of my EV2; pull the trigger and your not sure if the gun even did anything, aside from knock a target down :lol: