delete

Leonardj

delete

Post by Leonardj » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 pm

nt
Last edited by Leonardj on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac
Site Admin

Re: Professional Tuner - Really ??

Post by Mac » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Found it kind of weird he was holding it in his hands all the time, smacked the rear sight off with a screwdriver and I really got a kick out of the spring compressor. The spring compressor could lead to a few problems. Maybe knit picking a bit, but the way he just laid the stock on the bench caught my eye; I usually put it on a cloth or something else non-marring.

If it is something I do not feel comfortable doing, I just give you a call, Len. That has always worked for me.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Leonardj

delete

Post by Leonardj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:16 pm

nt
Last edited by Leonardj on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windrifle

Post by Windrifle » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:56 am

I didn't see him use it, but the first thing I noticed was that BIG hammer he had laying on the bench... :shock:

Also, what was that piece that fell to the floor when he removed the trigger guard? (which you would think he would have picked up right away but didn't).

Like Tim said, banging the rear sight off with the back end of a screwdriver seemed a little "unique"...would you not just loosen the screws a bit more and slide it off??

I'm no professional by any means either, but I'm pretty sure I would have simply tilted the tube upwards and let the spring/guide slide out the rear into my hands rather than jam a screwdriver into the guide and pull it out that way.

Maybe it just wasn't filmed (or edited out) but I never seen him clean or inspect anything, yet there were all kinds of "fuzzy's" left on the tube from his cloth/band rigging even when reassembling. Wouldn't be too hard to see some of that making its way inside the tube before reassembling.

That's all I got for now, will watch it again tonight after work when I have more time.
Todd

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:08 pm

I am not a professional by any stretch but here is what I see/don't like;

1) Unscrewing everything while holding it in his hands, standing up, so he most likely marked up those screws

2) Didn't pull the piston and check its condition as well as the piston seal, quite a standard practice TMK. Anytime I have a spring gun apart I check the piston and seal, unless I have personally deburred the gun and replaced the piston seal recently.

3) When putting the new spring in I noticed he cut out some of the clip and jumped ahead, no doubt he had issues putting the spring back in as he did, using that board. It also looked as if the threads weren't perfectly lined as when he started threading in the rear section of the tube/trigger block there was a hesitation and small sound once it initially started to turn.

I am surprised he actually checked the dovetail alignment, and as other have said; beating that rear sight with the end of a screw driver was simply unbelievable :shock: :|
Last edited by jgoodz on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Leonardj wrote:
The advice was either a stiffer spring, or shims, (so far, so good) OR:
mod the power valve, create a larger chamber by remove what metal is not needed. next improve the flow of the air through the holes either by enlarging or just polish them.
So where exactly would I find the "power valve" on a spring piston airgun? :?:

Is it near the flux capacitor? :mrgreen: :lol:

Leonardj

delete

Post by Leonardj » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:08 pm

nt
Last edited by Leonardj on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leonardj

delete

Post by Leonardj » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:19 pm

nt
Last edited by Leonardj on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leonardj

Post by Leonardj » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:25 pm

jgoodz wrote:So where exactly would I find the "power valve" on a spring piston airgun? :?:
That is exactly what I asked him. :lol:
His answer was to supply a URL for the owner's manual to the OP's gun. :roll:

Leonardj

delete

Post by Leonardj » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:18 am

nt