delete

Leonardj

delete

Post by Leonardj » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:36 pm

nt
Last edited by Leonardj on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jgoodz

Re: Yet another seriously flawed Turkish airgun - Retay 135X

Post by jgoodz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:06 am

Leonardj wrote:The Retay 135X is a break barrel air rifle with specifications that would perhaps lead some to consider it as an entry level FT rifle. The following will help those folks to decide if this would be a wise choice.
Wow, what a disaster... :oops:

Quite sad to think about how many people are disappointed or altogether turned away from airguns due to cheap crap like this. Companies spitting out the cheapest possible guns (so buyers can save $50-$200) are doing nothing good for our sport. They are trying to make a quick buck, with no real concern, interest or support of their own product... :x :evil:

Quality
----------
Quantity

retayarms

Post by retayarms » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi ,

I am Hilary from Retay arms corp. I am in here to get contact with users to get their problems, advice for modifications and new projects etc...

I saw the picture above and Shocked. I think its a joke :)

I checked the web and couldnt get any info about it. Where are you from guys?

writeback me pls

Hilary
Retay - FTCentral

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:19 pm

retayarms wrote:Hi ,

I am Hilary from Retay arms corp. I am in here to get contact with users to get their problems, advice for modifications and new projects etc...

writeback me pls

Hilary
Retay - FTCentral
This is who we are and where we are, as found in the "Welcome" to the site.

http://ftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

I assure you this is not a joke, just a real life experience reported on as it is and backed by pictures. If you have facts to counter what has been reported, you are welcome to post them.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:00 am

retayarms wrote:

writeback me pls

Hilary
Retay - FTCentral
Good to know someone who works for Retay thinks one of their guns basically self destructing is a joke...

I am awaiting a legitimate response from you

retayarms

Post by retayarms » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 am

Hello Everyone and Leonardj

We checked the all pictures and damaged points with our guys, here is the reports of them;

Breechblock : Its completely damaged by user, a kind of hammer or hitting somewhere. its NOT a NORMAL damage. if you are an experienced airgun user you can see it. What damaged the that block? If he insist its because of company, please PROOVE it and everyone see in here

Spring bolts: We are adding the spring bolts to get more energy and guide the spring before hitting(firing) the piston. If you want you can use without it also. This s not a failure
The trigger guard portion of the stock is cracked: As you know who used and handed the our stock, they are not a injected normal plastic. They are covered special soft rubbers. You can see this application in Benelli, on interior of Cars plastic areas. If it stay under sun, or heat or damage timely it damege.But on the picture we couldnt see very clear but it looks like a the user is curious about it and tried to see what is it then cut or I dont know. Only these two option. If not please proove it us then we contact with Rubber manufacturing company and they explain us how possible.

retayarms

Post by retayarms » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 am

The track that the cocking lever guide : You saw the damaged three point. its starting as small, bigger and biggest damaged hole. The plastic material is Polyurethane with some checmichals a material. ONLY you can cut or damage by a cutting metal. In here there is only cocking lever guide ball is working, a kind of rolling over the this plastic are. Now, you are cocking the rifle around of 50 kg by force and its just slipping over it. HOW IT POSSIBLE THE BROKE IT AS THREE PART?
Its completely damaged or cut by USER. We dont agree it.
If he can proove it, there is hundreds rifles on the market . He can go to our distributor shop, they give a rifle and show all these damages how happened in there then we agree, appreciate him and maybe give a prize, why not? or we sent a sample to a gunsmith then they test and report the all forums in Canada or share no problem

The cocking ears: We agree the this problem bcos we are aware of it and modified with our distributor reports and send it spare parts.

The cocking lever]: Same, we agree it, its bcos of our mistake and appreciate your effort. Its also modified

Guide ball: Same, it dont roll, just stucked on there. Modified it right now and running.

retayarms

Post by retayarms » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:08 am

Fixing bolt: Its an iron material then we make heat treatment. In treatment if they get more then in can broken bocs of the over hardened process. So thank you about it . we'll inform the heat treatment company and will get reports to re check before manufacturing. also thx a lot
The anti-beartrap interlock lever : We are not so sure about the angel of it bcos on the picture it doesnt look very well. Its a normal material and maybe it can moved by assembling or disassembling. They will control the angels of the system. also thx a lot

Piston ring: There is welding process in that ring to fix the piston then making cleaning process . In cleaning it was making by people not machines and it happened bcos of it.
Now making with machines and control it. We modified the piston ring with locking lever bcos of the miss cocking reports. If you have such problem you can find new parts in our distributors as free.,

Thank you for your attention and interesting to our rifles. I'm in here to help you and get your problems, advice and inform the company.
Maybe you cant like me or cant like our rifles but it doesnt mean to not help each others or guide .

retayarms

Post by retayarms » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 am

Attention please: Every comment which we made in here is ridden by hundreds people so try to make Right comments to inform the new users.

Thank you so much again.

We have been contact for a long time in AirgunForumCanada.com and saw here right now. So appreciate your efforts moderators and members. I hope we have more members all together in here and discuss more deeply

any problem pls write me email as ;
Subject : Hilary
info@retayarms.com

have fun

Hilary
FTCentral - Retay

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks for your reply, Hilary

One thing we should establish immediately is that this forum is different from some, in that we do not sell things or have a store that sells from our forum. Manufacturers and air gun businesses do not sponsor the forum, so they do not have influence over what is allowed to be posted. This forum was created by field target (FT) shooters for FT shooters. Questions are asked about the appropriateness of gun for FT and if someone has information that answers this question, they are posted here. We do not accept opinions that are not backed by solid evidence and we do not accept attacks on persons of businesses that are just someones editorial comment. There have been a few that were edited out by moderators or by the original posters after some thought.

So your reply is welcome and I congratulate you on a few thing you stated. One was certainly the thanks you gave for legitimate problems that were pointed out that your company has taken action to remedy. It is always appreciated when a manufacturer makes an effort to improve their products.

The second thing I like is when a company simply says, we do not know what happened there, it is not something we have seen before.

A third thing is the offer to replace some of the parts you have upgraded, free of charge.

The use of the terms, "PROVE it" does not really mean a lot. I just assume that the term means, "We do not know why that happened and have not seen it before." The "PROVE it" terms could be used either way in this argument and would still not mean very much.

I do know that Len would never damage a rifle on purpose and I have not even seen him do it accidentally. He is a very careful and meticulous man. It would be like abusing a child; it just is not going to happen.

So happy to see your company taking steps to improve their products and hope they continue to do so.
Tim
CAFTA Governor