Feb 9th PFT Match

Range Burlington Field Target Club
Mac
Site Admin

Feb 9th PFT Match

Post by Mac » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:36 pm

On Sunday, February 9, we will have the second PFT match of the 2013/14 indoor season. The doors will open at 9:00 AM and the match should start by or before 10:00 AM. For sight-in time, try to be there between 9:00 and 9:30 so you will have time to take some shots at the paper targets. No shots should be taken during the sight-in time at the field targets set out for the match.

It will be a 48 shot match, shot in two parts, consisting of 24 shots each with a break between. We will be finished and out by 2:00 PM.

The classes have changed slightly, but only for those using diopter or peep sights that have been grouped in with the unmagnified optics class. There are as follows:

A) Iron Sights - Sights will be limited to open sights
B) Non-magnified Optic Sights -Limited to non-magnification red dot, non-magnification crosshair designs and peep or dioptre sights with a sight radius not to exceed twenty-four inches (24”).
C) Scope -Scopes will be limited to 12 times zoom power. There will be no limits to reticule design.

For directions to the club, follow the link below:

https://plus.google.com/113253449252947 ... l=ca&hl=en

Please drop me a return email to let me know if you will be attending and please remember to include the class you will be competing in. Thanks.

Only 11 shooters committed to attend so far.

See you soon.

Tim, Don, John
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Re: Feb 9th PFT Match

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 pm

We have six in unmagnified optics, four open sights and three scoped. Would be nice to pick up at least one more to make it even. I anticipate a few more last minute decisions to attend if things go as usual.

Going to be a fun day shooting indoors on a winter day with temperatures at -6 or lower outside.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Keyrigger

Post by Keyrigger » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:40 pm

I am hoping that the light snow they are forecasting for Sunday is only that or less. They blew today's forecast as it has turned into a record breaking snow fall. Originally, they were only calling for 5cm at the outside......................NOT.

Don

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 pm

I will be there shooting scoped class as long as the snow doesn't get out of hand...that is a long drive in bad weather :?

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:57 pm

The long range forecast I have is for about 35% chance of snow during the day and going up to 50 to 60% in the evening. So heading home right after the match would be your best bet, Joel. I have you on the list and hope the weather is good.

Of course, this is a long range thing, so it may be sunny and no snow at all. It seems to change about twice a day.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 pm

And as usual my car is giving me issues... :evil:

Driving down the Expressway and my steering wheel is shaking back and forth violently, off to the garage in the morning to hopefully get it sorted...This damn car is going to be the end of me :cry:

Still going to try and make it

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 pm

I hope it is something simple with the car and you get it put right. Forecast is quite good and the wind is even forecast to be 10 kph so drifting will not even be a problem.

Hope to see you and the whole crew Sunday morning.
Tim
CAFTA Governor