April 28 Club shoot

West Coast Field Target Club
biagio36

April 28 Club shoot

Post by biagio36 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Yet again we were very lucky with the weather. The sun was shining, it was a beautifull day outside. We had a few more shooters than usual, but yet we also missed a few. I guess when work gets in the way of having a little fun, it's not fun.

I appologize, the pictures are still in the camera, I only took like 5 pics. I wanted to do well on this shoot. Unfortunately, I came second with a 71/80 and my good friend Wayne beat me by a single point, I missed that grouse twice.

I promise I'll take more pictures at our next shoot on the 26/05, we are shooting sub 500ft/sec rifles, and also we are having a pistol match. It will be fun to see who comes out on top. I think there will be some prizes to win.

Biagio

Mac
Site Admin

Re: April 28 Club shoot

Post by Mac » Wed May 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks for the report

Looks like some pretty good scores for you and Wayne. I look for ward to seeing some pics. A results chart would be nice to see as well, so we know who is shooting, , what they are shooting, what classes, etc are being shot.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi Tim, we are all shooting in Hunter class. Most of the guys are shooting from a stool, with a monopod. I was the only shooter shooting from a sitting position. So the scores does not really reviel what we shot. 2 points for a kill, 1 point for a hit. If we played normal rules I would have scored a 31/40 wich is not really that great. if the match was out of 50 I would have scored a 39/50. It's ok but still not great. If I can get my percentyle over 82% it would be better. That's why I practice, alot.

I am practicing at a archery club about 18km from my house. They shoot a lot of 3D archery. The property would be fantastic for FT since the lanes are already cleaned and ready for targets. They have about 50 acres. Wich most of it is trails, and nature observing areas. The only problem with the place is that they have a fisheries farm on the premises, on a spawning river. They are super sensative to any contaminets of the river. Little lead pellets will definately kill the little fish. I asked a few years ago about FT and the first thing the members said, LEAD will contaminatethe river, it's a big concern.

Thanks Tim
Have a great day

Biagio

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi

I will make sure at the next match to gather everyone's info. Scores, rifles, pellets, and class they are shooting.

What's the weather in Ontario like, now. We have been having nice weather, sunny days up in the 20's and even a 31 this past weekend. I have been out almost every evening, to practice a little ft. I have swingers, double paddle practice targets with different kill zone sizes, from 1.5in to 1/4 in

A friend loaned me his home made target, wich is a practice, and sight in target, it works like a charm.

I'll post a pic of it.

Looks like great shooting and practicing weather.

See you all later

Biagio

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm

The weather here has been pretty much ideal for this time of year. Daytime highs are from 18 to 25, with nice cool nights. Having a little rain now, but we need it so I am not complaining. At least the rain is coming during the week rather than on the weekend.

Hopefully I can do more regular practise sessions, now that most of the spring yard work is done.

Keep up the practising as it is both useful and fun.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Tim

I'm having a hard time putting my right elbow on my right knee. I have been stretching quite a bit, now I have to start getting my kneeling down to an art, the stretching part is not that much fun, but has to be done for me to get in a proper shooting position.

I watched a lot of FT videos; all the shooters have their right elbow on their right knee. I guess that makes it more stable. I also saw a lot of shooters sitting with their legs crossed. I'm not there yet, but eventually I'll be able to shoot like that.

Just got my Falcon scope in the mail today.
See you later

Biagio