Seventh Annual Elmer Fudd Hunter Match

Port Colborne Field Target Club
Forum rules
Mac
Site Admin

Seventh Annual Elmer Fudd Hunter Match

Postby Mac » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:15 pm

I thought I would get this announcement out a little early so people can plan to attend and so I know how much food to have there.

Our last official match of the outdoor season at Port will be the Fudd, on Saturday, October 18th. It will be a 68 shot match, shot on 17 lanes, with two targets per lane. There will be two discipline lanes, one standing and one kneeling.

The times are the same as our regular monthly matches (11:00 AM) and the fee is $20. So the chili meal after is free for participants and $3 for non-participants.

Once you decide to attend, there is only one other question to answer. What class you will be in? The three classes are pcp, piston or junior. Since the whole match is a hunter division match, the class is the only info I need. Be sure to check the Hunter rules to make sure you prepare correctly and do not have to change something at the last minute. Click the CAFTA Rules in Tom's post and read up on the hunter rules

Please drop me an email when you have decided, but awards will be ordered on the Wednesday morning before the match.

Many have been looking forward to this match and I hope to be hearing from a good number of you in the coming weeks.

This is a match that many put at the top of their list for the fun/social factor.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

stargeezer

Re: Seventh Annual Elmer Fudd Hunter Match

Postby stargeezer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Hello.
My name is David, and I live in St. Catharines.
Just bought my first shooter, since childhood.(35 years ago. :lol: ) Picked it up last week, wearing a big smile.
After reading some reviews online, I bought a Diana 240 Classic and am super happy with it.
Nothing like the toys I used as a kid. Really surprised what non-PAL shooters are like these days!

Your Elmer Fudder sounds like fun. And I'm really wanting to come watch. But where & when?
I never even knew target clubs existed until a couple days ago, and I'd like to meet & learn from others.
I belong to two other clubs (Astronomy & Geology) and feel I have enough time for one more.
Target shooting sounds like a bunch of fun. As a kid, I did anything that required aim. Darts, Horse-shoes, Bow & arrow...

Hoping to meet people of common interest, and would appreciate any links to popular sites in this hobby. :?:
Clear skies to you.
-David.
"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there is a gun around, I want to be in control of it." -Clint Eastwood.

Mac
Site Admin

Postby Mac » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Paste the following coordinates in Google and click maps:

42.910318,-79.157656

Should take you right to the driveway.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

stargeezer

Postby stargeezer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks, Tim.
If there is anything I should know, or any etiquette a newby should learn, I'd appreciate anybody chiming-in.
-David.
"I have a very strict gun control policy. If there is a gun around, I want to be in control of it." -Clint Eastwood.

FTguy
Site Admin

Postby FTguy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:00 am

Welcome to the forum David...
Bring your new Diana and don't forget the ammo... Come out and enjoy a day of shooting among other like minded air gun enthusiasts ... Loads of fun!!!... 8-)
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

stargeezer

Postby stargeezer » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks, FTguy;
Really looking forward to it. Hoping to see lots of people.

Shooting by myself is great so far, but shooting with others will be even more fun.
...And improve my game significantly, I'm sure.
Only been out a few times, and burned through about 400-450 pellets.

Been making spinning targets in my spare time at work. I'm a welder, so getting my hands on all varieties of metal is easy.
As long as I only take from the scrap bin.

Not sure what lies ahead for me here, but thinking I'd like to enter tournaments down the road.
Friendly competition makes a great hobby better.
-David.

Mac
Site Admin

Postby Mac » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:20 am

Already have 13 that have committed three weeks early to attend, with lots still to hear from. Looks like a good sized group will enjoy the day.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Postby Mac » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:16 am

We are down to a week from tomorrow, with 17 committed and lots to hear from. Chris(Topher) has been recruiting and has five or six coming with him to the match. Good going, Chris! The Fudd is a great match to have people attend for their first experience with FT.

I will be sending out my final reminder by email tonight and hope to hear from the folks that have not committed one way or the other.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Postby Mac » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Up to 26 and rising!
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Postby Mac » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 pm

28 as of today and the awards have been ordered.

Picking up the chilli on Thursday and the fresh Italian bread on Friday morning.

I will let everyone know about the condition of the trail and weather forecast on Friday evening and we are going to have a great day, come what may.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Return to “PCFTC”