September 13th Fun Day at Port

Port Colborne Field Target Club
Mac
Site Admin

September 13th Fun Day at Port

Post by Mac » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

I am trying to put together a fun day for September 13th, with a few different activities.

The sight-in range will be fully set up as usual and the spinner course of 11 lanes with two spinners per lane is ready to go for a fun match. The spinners could be shot twice each for a 44 shot match.

It was suggested that a pistol FT match could be set up on the remaining nine lanes available. Since Don is away at this time, we will need targets that function when hit with sub 500 fps guns. The best option for targets would be the Gamos that function very well with low power if set up level. I have 10 targets that will work and I hope a few others will have Gamo targets that they could bring out to complete a course that could include 24 targets on eight lanes for a 48 shot pistol match. We would work as crews of two, to set up the course which would prevent anyone from having to do most of the work. I will decide if this is something that will be done once I get responses for targets and help setting it up. Three or four crews of two should do it and make for a fast set up and tear down.

The fee would be $5 to go to the Conservation Club if we just have fun matches for bragging rights or $10 if you want awards to make the PFT match an official match.

Please drop me a line to let me know if you will attend and also if you will be able to supply targets that will fall with a 2 ft/lb zone hit. Lastly, let me know whether you would like two fun matches or make the PFT match an official match with awards.

Thanks.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Re: September 13th Fun Day at Port

Post by Mac » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 am

The main interest seems to be having a fun shoot, so we will shoot a 66 shot fun course in the wood on lanes 1 to 11. There are two spinners in each lane and we will shoot them three times each. The spinners are 1" or 1.5" and there are some tough ones out there.

The sight in range will be set up as usual to be sure of aiming point before we head out into the woods. This will be quite important, because if you miss a spinner, it is usually quite difficult to see where the pellet went. No face plates. :shock:

See you at the Port Club on Saturday morning.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

mike87gt

Post by mike87gt » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 am

I'd love to come, sounds like a fun day!!
I can come early if you need help
Mike

mike87gt

Post by mike87gt » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 pm

What time do the gates open
Thx
Mike

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 pm

I will be at the club at 8:00 AM.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

mike87gt

Post by mike87gt » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Ill be there by about 8 too then

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Tony and Mike showed up about the same time and we went to work setting up the sight in range. It was cloudy with very light misty rain, hardly enough to make you wet. We opened the sight in range earlier than usual an did some last minute, pre- match sighing. For some it was a time to fine tune, while for others, like myself, it was a time to confirm the settings I already had worked out.

Seven of us headed out about a half an hour early to start shooting the spinner course. While in the woods, we experienced a lot of different conditions. We had dark clouds and sun, rain or dry, calm or quite windy and a varied mix of all three factors. It was cool the whole time we were in the woods and then warmed up nicely once we were done.

The course proved to be quite challenging to shoot, but some had a hard time just spotting the spinners. One thing we all agreed on was the fact that it was a lot of fun and great practice. Thanks to all who attended.

There will be another fun day on November 1st, weather permitting. If it works into your plans, try to make it out for a fun shooting day.
Tim
CAFTA Governor