Mac
Site Admin

Fudd 2013 Results Chart

Post by Mac » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Write-up and pictures to come.

Port Colborne Field Target Club
Results for October5, 2013
Sixth Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match

Rifles are .177 unless designated otherwise.
Shooter Score /136 Gun Scope Pellet
PCP Hunter
1 Len Joe 126 HW100TK Bush Banner 16X JSBH
2 Tim MacSweyn-s 124 S410 Carbine Bushnell 2.5-16 JSB 7.9
3 Ted Gibson-s 122 S410 Carbine Bushnell 8-32 JSB 8.4
4 Salma Hassouna 111 FWB P70 S&B JSBH
5 Magdy Hassouna 110 Daystate GP March JSBH
6 Mike Clements 109* Benj Marauder Bushnell 3-9 .22 CP-H
7 Dennis Eden-s 109* Theoben Mk 11 Bushnell Elite Baracuda
8 Chris Holmes 109* Brocock Hawke .22 JSB-J
9 John Hoffner 106 AR20FT Walther JSB 8.4
10 Andrew Bandy 99 Hatsan BT65 NcStar 3-9 .22 JSB
11 Jay Clements 97 AR20FT Walther 8-32 JSB 8.4
12 Jeff Hemming 81 AA S200 Falcon 4-14 JSB 7.9

Piston Class
1 George Harde 112 FWB 124 Bushnell 5-15 JSB 7.9
2 Larry Carroll 109 TX200 Bushnell 5-15 JSB 8.4
3 Marshall Doan 101 Stoeger X20 Center Point 4-16 Cr Heavy
4 Tony Raposo 91 Stoeger X20 Stoeger 3-9 Stoeg X-field
5 Tom Peretti-s 83 HW50S/Slavia634 JSB 8.4
6 Brian Milne 80 TX200 Bushnell JSB 8.4

Junior
1 Gillian Covell 77 QB79 Tasco 3-9 .22 Cr
2 Jon W** 73 QB78 Tasco 6-24 Cr Point

s- Set up lanes for the match * Tie broken by shoot off ** New shooter
Tim
CAFTA Governor

jgoodz

Re: Fudd 2013 Results Chart

Post by jgoodz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Great shooting everyone, really wanted to be there :cry:

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:26 pm

If a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a whole essay, compliments of George.

Sight-in Range

John and friends

Salma and Magdy

Brian

George

A couple hanging around lane one.

Dennis & Jay - Shoot off

Jeff

Tim

Tom

Mike & Jay inset at top

Len

Chris

Gillian & Ryan Check out the matching gun and phone

Ted & Company

Jon - New shooter

Marshall & Company

Fall and folks enjoying it.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Write-up for October5, 2013
Sixth Elmer Fudd Annual Hunter Match

The sixth Elmer Fudd Hunter match is in the books. What a great day it was for a match, with no wind and very comfortable temperatures. The forest was very colourful and it was really nice being outside for the day. The match was shot on 17 lanes, with two targets per lane for a total of 68 shots, making the match out of 136 points. The smallest hit zone was one inch, which may make the match seem easy, but those real long shots when you have to estimate the range, and there were quite a few of them, are tough for everyone. Twenty shooters showed up to enjoy the match, the side shoot and of course, the chili and bread.
We did have four shooters possible in junior, but late cancellations brought the number down. Gillian shot well to win the division and, Jon, a first time shooter, had a great match, managing to pull off a score that most would take a few matches to build up to. Too bad it is so late in the season, but Jon could be a real factor in the division next season.
The piston class also had a few late drop out, but we had six competitors vying for the top spot. George went with the break barrel this time, but it sure didn’t slow him down much; he took the top spot with a score that would have been competitive in the PCP class. Larry and Marshall were close behind, placing second and third respectively. Tony, due to changes at work, has not been able to get out to shoot with us, but he sure didn’t forget how, achieving a good score and fourth place. Tom’s gun broke a stock screw before we made the half way mark, resulting in many missed shots. Tom got a loaner and after he figured out where to aim, did quite well. Brian made the trip down from Ottawa with his wife Julia, but unfortunately he was not feeling very well and had to skip the chili and head home. For having just purchased the TX200 and with limited experience, he shot well.
The PCP class featured a dozen competitors out to enjoy the day. Only three of the shooters were regular hunter participant and the rest were non-hunter FT shooters. Some used their FT figs reset for hunter division and others used something different for the Fudd. Len continued his winning ways by posting the top score for 2013. Ted and I were close the whole day and I managed to nip him for second spot by only a couple of points. Salma took the fourth spot, by one point, over her Dad, Magdy; that is all I am going to say about that. The number 109 was very popular at this match and we had a three-way tie for sixth place, between Mike, Dennis and Chris. Chris took the eighth place medal and Dennis was seventh after a four round shoot-off. Mike won the shoot-off and sixth place. John continues to improve a posted a real nice score. Drew and Jay were very close and Jay sure did shoot his brand new gun very well. When you consider that Jeff shot the match with a gun putting out about five or six foot pounds, I think you will agree that he did quite well in a match with a lot of long shots.
George brought out a large field target with a 2.125” hit zone that was set out at 75 yards for a fun side shoot. After sighting the guns for the distance, we used the rifle we shot the match to try to knock it down, shooting from a standing position. We were allowed two shots to try our luck. To enter, a toonie was thrown in a container and became the prize. Len was the only one who knocked it down and took home the pot of gold.
Thanks very much to Angie and Janis who took care of preparing the meal and having everything ready; the even cleaned up afterwards. Angie also took the responsibility for collecting the match fee, which I always appreciate. Thanks to the guys who set up targets and to all who participated. For me, it was one of those days that you wish would not end. At about 8:00 PM the few left at the Reeb House finally headed home. I slept very soundly that night.
We do have the club booked for November 2nd and are hoping for a favourable forecast so we can get out for a fun day of shooting. Stay tuned also for news about the indoor season at Burlington. Keep those rigs sighted and get you pistols ready for some action.
Tim MacSweyn
Tim
CAFTA Governor

dHb

Post by dHb » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Someone took a picture of Brian pooping in a bucket?!? Other than that, great photos! Now I'm kicking myself for not having made the trek...
Posting from the edge of Larose Forest, Eastern Ontario

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor
http://www.OFTA.ca
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Firearms ... 9022565004