OFTA match Sunday, 5 July

Ottawa Field Target Club
Forum rules
dHb

OFTA match Sunday, 5 July

Postby dHb » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Our next Ottawa area FT match will be Sunday, July 5th, rain or shine. This is two weeks ahead of the Nationals in Port Colborne so it will be a good tune up.

If you haven't been out to a shoot yet and don't have a rifle, come out anyway and borrow a
gun. For those of you with a foster fitting on your PCP gun, I'll have my HPA tank with a
Foster and Hammerli fittings there for refills.

We will start setting up at 8:30, do some sighting in and try to start the match by 10:00. If you
would be available to help setup woodlot lanes on Saturday morning, let bjp know. If nobody helps on Saturday, all of the lanes will likely be in the open field. It takes much more time to set up at the end of the runway and we can get underway faster if some lanes are set up in advance....

We will have have 10 lanes with a total of 60 shots and we will toss in a standing and a
kneeling lane for the main match. If you're bringing targets, please have them freshly painted
with KZ that are a contrasting colour.

In addition to your gun and pellets please bring along a pen, clipboard , stopwatch and
something to sit on (cushion or pad, not a chair) for the many seated shots. If you want to do
sighting in please bring along a carton with targets attached. If you cut a couple of holes in
the carton on one side near the bottom, you can run a string through the holes and then pull
the target closer to you to check your elevation settings without needing a cease fire for
everyone.

There will be a couple of airguns that people can borrow, and several fancy FT rifles to check
out.

If you are bringing a PAL gun with you, remember your firearms licence.

I have added yet a few more hopefully helpful links to http://www.OFTA.ca We also have a
facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175847815942862/

If you don't have the location yet, PM me and I'll send you the directions.
Posting from the edge of Larose Forest, Eastern Ontario

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor
http://www.OFTA.ca
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Firearms-Training/141569022565004

bjp

Re: OFTA match Sunday, 5 July

Postby bjp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 pm

I'll be out on Sat morning around 9 to set up at least a few of the lanes so Sunday set up goes quicker.

jpb

Postby jpb » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Speed is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to slow down in a hurry.

Hämmerli AR20FT
Canon Rebel XTi

bjp

Postby bjp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:57 pm

John, you sure do take nice pictures !

Thanks to John and Terry for the Sat help setting up, it sure makes putting on a match easy when you have good help.

We had 12 people out for our Sunday match. Bugs and time meant that this one had 8 lanes and 48 shots. We didn't have too many really long shots but most of the targets featured a 1" hit zone with a bunch of 1/2" and a 3/8" hit zone (that one was tough !!). The weather was perfect with the only wind showing up on the runway lanes to add a bit of difficulty. Thanks to all who participated.

results:

WFTF (which on a couple of lanes had me muttering "WTF"): I totally dominated the WFTF class from start to finish, no one was even close !!! Of course, I was the only one in the WFTF class. Imagine my surprise when Nick informed me that even though I was alone in the class I managed to finish second (he knocked over one more target than me :( !!!!!). i tried to point out all of his advantages but in the end I had to concede that I did indeed finish last in a class of one............

hunter (springer and PCP together) :

1) Nick Poll : 83/96
2) John Bradley: 82/96
3) Dan Beaudry: 77/96
4) Todd Shea: 67/96
5) Ryan: 66/96 9with a gun he got 2 days before the match !!!)
6) Emily Shea: 65/96 (almost beat dad for family bragging rights)
7) Denis St. Jean: 64/96
8) Nora: 57/96
9) Louis: 51/96
10) Stacey Cherwonak: 48/96 (sub 500 gun but Canada Day kilt)
11) Terry Sheppard: 27/96 (shot whole match standing)

Return to “OFTC”