HFT Question

Strategy, Technique, Stories, etc.
Hunkaluv

HFT Question

Post by Hunkaluv » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi there,

With regards to HFT and the use of monopods - are the monopods usable in the forced positions (standing and kneeling) as well? I notice that the use of hamsters is also not allowed. (I had asked last year and i think the response was that 1" hamsters were allowed.)

"L) Monopods are allowed provided they are not attached to the rifle in any way nor will they be driven into the ground.
They will not have a surface that touches the gun larger than two (2) inches by three (3) inches on the top when looking straight down, to rest the rifle on.
Only one flat surface or two flat surfaces that form a “V” may be used.
The monopod or stock will not have any addition attachments or modifications to it that form fit the mono-pod to the gun and give lateral or longitudinal support to the rifle, as if it was sitting on a bench or in a fitted notch or channel.
The base that touches the ground will not be larger than one and one half inches (1 ½”) in diameter or smaller than three quarters of an inch (3/4”) in diameter."

Thanks,
Ryan

pirellip

Re: HFT Question

Post by pirellip » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi Ryan,

Monopods cannot be used when shooting the standing or kneeling lanes - these are 'forced' positions, meaning you are forced to shoot them without any aids.

I don't recall hamsters ever being allowed in HFT - 1" knee or elbow pads are though, perhaps that's where you're getting the 1" from?
Tom
CAFTA Governor

Hunkaluv

Re: HFT Question

Post by Hunkaluv » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:17 pm

The info was in a previous post from last year.

"CAFTA WFTF Rules are governed by the WFTF. A hamster is defined in the rules, but I do not see limits set on the size, just the shape of the surface the gun rests on.

WFTF website has reference to all rules:

http://www.world-field-target-federation.com/

The hamster for hunter division is limited to a thickness of one inch, but I assume you are asking about the WFTF Division."

Thanks again for the quick reply Tom.
Ryan