This should work !!!

Strategy, Technique, Stories, etc.
bjp

This should work !!!

Post by bjp » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:27 am

I've shot exactly 18 pellets out of my TM1000 and changed out my scope twice since last October. I'm leaving in 5 minutes for the 4 1/2 drive to the Crosman match !!! Because my expectations are so low I can't do worse than I think I will............... this should go well.

pirellip

Re: This should work !!!

Post by pirellip » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 am

I'm in the same boat, still putting my rig back together! Was hoping to drive down for the day tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish!
Tom
CAFTA Governor

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Found out the barrel was loose on my TX200 and ended up tightening it yesterday as opposed to setting up the gun. Sitting in the hotel now and will be heading to the range for 2:00 to see if I can get it set up. No worries, it will be fun no matter how it shakes down.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Post by pirellip » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Good find Tim! That could have really kept you chasing your POI until it was discovered. Just remember to always check that the front of your compression chamber is tight too! :o

I like the idea of being able to do a barrel swap on the TX200s, and they have a lot of great features over the HWs, but with a springer, sometimes welds are better than bolts! :D

I've decided that I will not be going to the match tomorrow - my rig still isn't setup, and there's a bunch of other, family stuff, that I can do.

Go Team Canada!
Tom
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Post by pirellip » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:21 pm

bjp wrote:I've shot exactly 18 pellets out of my TM1000 and changed out my scope twice since last October. I'm leaving in 5 minutes for the 4 1/2 drive to the Crosman match !!! Because my expectations are so low I can't do worse than I think I will............... this should go well.
How did your new 'training regime' work out? The final scores weren't posted online (and I don't think they ever will be) and I'm curious to find out how the rest of Team Canada performed.
Tom
CAFTA Governor

bjp

Post by bjp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Let me put it this way, the only guy I beat was too ill on Sat afternoon to continue to shoot. I smoked his ass !!! I had range finding issues that, combined with my non-ability to stop shaking made my scores even worse than usual.

Dennis did us proud as did Tim, Dave was Dave, he shot his usual score and was a pain in the ass.

At least our hotel was only 5 minutes from the Maserati dealer so we stopped in on Sat afternoon and there's a local Field & Stream store worth the visit.

I've put my new (1 1/2 years I've had it, mounted twice and still never fired a shot with it on) Sightron back on and will be better prepared for the nationals. I'll still suck but I'm looking forward to it. Port Colborne always puts on a great match .

The match was great, nice venue, good people. There were more than a few "cold lines" (every time I was about to take my 4th shot !!) but they were well handled so the match had a decent flow.

looking forward to next year......................