Walther LGU Underlever

Strategy, Technique, Stories, etc.
Mac
Site Admin

Walther LGU Underlever

Post by Mac » Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Saw this on another forum and it certainly looks interesting. This video is the good and another UK fellow said one of the major UK importers has stopped sales because of some problem.

Worth a look anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN_fkb5mkb4
Tim
CAFTA Governor

pirellip

Re: Walther LGU Underlever

Post by pirellip » Thu May 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Interesting! I knew nothing about this. Hopefully it's better than their LGV!
Tom
CAFTA Governor

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm

pirellip wrote:Interesting! I knew nothing about this. Hopefully it's better than their LGV!
Whats wrong with the LGV?-

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Thu May 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Shot the LGV and it is a nice break barrel, but I do not think it will displace the TX200, HW97 or HW77.

As a field target forum, I think most evaluate the use of a gun based on their FT interests.
Tim
CAFTA Governor

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi Guys.

I bought a Walther LGV last year. The Gun is fantastic, quite, and very powerful, smooth and easy to cock. I love this gun, since I can shoot bunnies in the back yard, and no one even knows an airgun has gone off. Like I've said before, I don't like the gun . . . I love it. At 50 yards I pick Starlings out of the tree like no on's business.

Biagio

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

biagio36 wrote:Hi Guys.

I bought a Walther LGV last year. The Gun is fantastic, quite, and very powerful, smooth and easy to cock. I love this gun, since I can shoot bunnies in the back yard, and no one even knows an airgun has gone off. Like I've said before, I don't like the gun . . . I love it. At 50 yards I pick Starlings out of the tree like no on's business.

Biagio
I always thought it looked like a nice gun too...

What size of groups are you getting around the 45-55yd range with this gun? and from what sort of position; sitting, shooting sticks or "lead sled"?

biagio36

Post by biagio36 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 am

I'm always sitting on the ground. I do shoot all my guns from the bench for the first few cans of pellets, to brake the gun in.

At 40y I have shot sub 1/4 inch groups. It's one of my hunter guns, which I love dearly. All my hunter guns, I shoot mil dots,

Hold over. At 40 y, it's 1/2 mil dot hold over.

I hope this helps Jgoodz

One more thing I have to say, this gun was developed in Germany, they know what they are doing. When I was in Germany last year, I shot the rifle, more than 400 pellets. I fell in love with the gun. If you decide you want to buy one, you will fall in love. It is BEAUTIFUL. I shoot JSB Heavies, when I watch the slowmo video after every shot, there is no spiralling of any kind. You do have to clean the barrel every 2000 pellets or so.

One more thing, I bought my gun from www.dlairgun.com they are here on the West Coast. You can call Kelly and she will send an order usually the same day. Her dad John will, be able to help with advice.

Biagio