Walther LP 200 for PFT

Mac
Site Admin

Walther LP 200 for PFT

Post by Mac » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:02 pm

I was fortunate enough to log onto a classified site just as a buddy of mine from Michigan was listing his Walther match pistol for sale. I immediately emailing him to hold it for me for a half day and I would get back to him to confirm. Within an hour I had confirmed that I would purchase the gun.

The trouble was, I had just purchased a FWB P30 a few months prior and really liked the pistol. It shot right on the velocity I needed for FT, shooting the JSB 7.9 at a 490 fps average. The FWB also has an external adjustment for the regulator making it easy to set the velocity for any pellet I chose.

I had some experience with the LP 200 since my friend, Dennis, shot one for a few years in 10M matches. I had tried it and found it very easy to shoot. The bonus that I had not bothered to check when using Dennis' pistol, was that the Walther also has the external regulator adjustment feature. Now I have the pleasant task of setting up the Walther and doing a comparison between the two to decide which one suits my shooting style best. The ultimate test will probably be the next PFT match at Burlington. I used the FWB with very good success at the last one and will see how I do with the Walther at the next one.

A few pics for those who like such things. (probably everybody) Notice at the bottom of the action that a pin spanner wrench can be used to adjust the regulator.

Tim
CAFTA Governor

FTguy
Site Admin

Re: Walther LP 200 for PFT

Post by FTguy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Congrats Tim..
You're going to have a tough time deciding what to bring out come game day.. Good problem to have..

Enjoy!
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

Leonardj

Post by Leonardj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:11 am

Very nice score, the gun looks like brand new.
Your timing of late (with the classifieds) seems to be impeccable, you lucky guy. :mrgreen:

Mac
Site Admin

Post by Mac » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:41 pm

I did some shooting indoors at 10M and was very pleased with the results. With the 10M, one hand Olympic type shooting, I did fine, considering I have not done it for over a year. In my sitting, FT hold, it just hits where it is aimed.

I have been using the 7.3s, but plan on trying it with the 7.9s or 8.4s. I can easily set the power for each of the pellets and depending on how it shoots them, I'll make my choice. I may even try the 10.3s if it gets enough shots per fill. In an outdoor match, I think the 10.3 would be superior in the wind, since the velocity for each weight of pellet would be the same.

A bit of a "dah" moment today when I realized I can fill the cylinders to 300 bar. That sure does extend a shooting session when I have two cylinders. Now I have to keep my 4500 psi tanks topped up. I will probably use my 44 cf tank exclusively for this pistol and fill the rifles with the 88. The small 90 ci can be used for either if I need something small and portable.
Tim
CAFTA Governor