Simple target holder

Mac
Site Admin

Simple target holder

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:39 pm

I borrowed this idea from James Brinkley from California. He posted his version on the Yellow FT Forum in the US. He used a spike and JB weld and since I do not get along with JB weld, I tried something a little different that accomplishes the same goal.

I go out from time to time to set up a rifle or to check the aim point of a rifle to see if they have changed. At this time of year, with the outdoor FT season fast approaching, I will do this more often. I want something simple and light that will all fit into one cloth shopping bag. Ten target holders, one 90 M tape measure, paper targets and a screw driver to slide into the clamp to form a "T" shape in order to push the targets into the ground.

I started with something I have on hand, but never use for their intended purpose, the pegs that come with the Gamo field targets. See the pic for parts. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the clamp and then sized it with a Dremel until it was a very tight fit on the peg. I then put the peg in a drill and cut a grove with a Dremel wheel as close to the 90 degree in the peg as I could get. I put the peg down into the clamp and then slid two spring, lock washers up into the grove. The result is very solid and no rotation issue.

Pic is worth a thousand words:

Tim
CAFTA Governor

bjp

Re: Simple target holder

Post by bjp » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:16 am

I have the same aversion to JB weld !! Great idea, I put a bunch together and they work great !