Sights set on new FT build

FTguy
Site Admin

Sights set on new FT build

Post by FTguy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:21 pm

It's been awhile since I treated myself to a new gun, so it was time to change that and start piecing together a new rig for the new FT season..
The rifle on order is an AT44S Long ordered through Dan.. Although I am still waiting for the gun to arrive, parts are starting to filter in from abroad... First add-on ordered for the new build was a custom made regulator in hopes of creating some serious shot to shot consistency from the AT44 platform.. Actually, there are 2 custom regulators on the go. First one arrived from Poland and is good to go.. The second regulator was one built by Walter here in Canada.. When all is said and done, I'm hoping the gun will be shooting in the 19 ft/lb zone..
A new scope and mounts for the build have already arrived from D&L airguns.. Kelly and John are nice folks to deal with and have set me up with the Hawke Sidewinder30 8-32x56mm scope with the SR12 reticle + a set of high mount rings .. This scope is new to me and there will be a learning curve to deal with..
I'll post updates as this build comes together..

Cheers!
Attachments
30mmRings.png
Hawke Optics1.png
PekatorReg1.png
PekatorReg1.png (337.24 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

Mac
Site Admin

Re: Sights set on new FT build

Post by Mac » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 pm

With all that stuff waiting to go on the gun, it must be killing you to wait. Waiting is tough.

Tim
Tim
CAFTA Governor

DonC

Post by DonC » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 pm

How is the Quatro trigger?
How did you decide on a 10 shot repeater as the format for Field Target? Is this for hunter class?
How did you find a Polish regulator maker?
Sorry, lots of questions in one post. Good luck on your build.
Don

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 pm

DonC wrote:How is the Quatro trigger? I've been shooting Dan's AT and the trigger breaks beautifully.. Still waiting for my rifle to arrive..
How did you decide on a 10 shot repeater as the format for Field Target? Is this for hunter class? .. The rifle I ordered is a single shot version... If the rifle fairs well, it will be my PCP Open Division rifle..
How did you find a Polish regulator maker? .. I used the Google search and stumbled across their website and with a bit of research I found the feedback promising so placed the order and took a chance that the reg will do it's job..
Sorry, lots of questions in one post. Good luck on your build. ... Asking question is how we learn new things and I'm all for learning ... Thanks! .. I post more after the rifle arrives..
Don

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 pm

One more piece of the puzzle just arrived... :D
The scope mounts didn't fit like I expected, so I had to place an order for some new mounts ... Will keep this thread updated as it unfolds...
Attachments
AT44S_1a.JPG
AT44S_1a.JPG (35.35 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
AT44S_1.JPG

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:45 am

Here's a pic after adding the scope, regulator and barrel ext to this AT44S Long earlier today..
Way too hot for FT as is... Now to start the balancing act between the reg and hammer spring and hope to get this shooter dialed under the 20ft/lb required for Canadian FT...
Lots to do, but it's all part of the FT experience that keeps me interested and excited ..
Attachments
AT44SLong1.JPG

windbag

Post by windbag » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:10 am

I was glad to hear you got some of the issues worked out before day two of the Nationals. I've never had a build not throw a curve ball at me at some point...

FTguy
Site Admin

Post by FTguy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:19 pm

windbag wrote:I was glad to hear you got some of the issues worked out before day two of the Nationals. I've never had a build not throw a curve ball at me at some point...
Curve ball indeed... :shock:
I have yet to try those Hawke mounts... I'll keep this thread updated ...

Thank for the loan of your shooting bench, it was much better surface to work from then the washing machine I was using the night before... :lol:

jgoodz

Post by jgoodz » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 am

FTguy wrote:
windbag wrote:I was glad to hear you got some of the issues worked out before day two of the Nationals. I've never had a build not throw a curve ball at me at some point...
Curve ball indeed... :shock:
I have yet to try those Hawke mounts... I'll keep this thread updated ...

Thank for the loan of your shooting bench, it was much better surface to work from then the washing machine I was using the night before... :lol:
Get some BKL DBL-strap mounts and you should be guaranteed to be on center...Not cheap, but worth the money

blade57

Post by blade57 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:49 pm

jgoodz wrote:
Get some BKL DBL-strap mounts and you should be guaranteed to be on center...Not cheap, but worth the money
X2 on the BKL DBL straps. Excellent mounts.

Ftguy, did you stick with the stock barrel or splash out on th LW one ? :twisted:

DaveD :D